About this job
Who is the company?
- RB is the world’s leading health and hygiene company, responsible for renowned brands including Nurofen, Strepsils and Gaviscon.
- A British FMCG company headquartered in the UK, RB has a global outlook selling products in around 200 countries worldwide.
- A British FMCG company headquartered in the UK.
- This hugely successful company is ranked in the top 10 on the London Stock Exchange and has trebled its revenue since 2000.
What could your programme include?
- This Programme places you at the heart of the product development process, giving you the chance to innovate and develop household names from day 1.
- The 3 years European R&D Health future leadership programme involves potential rotations to other European sites across a range of R&D functions, including product development on healthcare brands, innovation, clinical, regulatory or medical affairs.
- You will be involved in the full lifecycle of product development - translating in-depth research into products that consumers will love.
- Please note, you can only apply for one RB graduate programme per year. If you apply to this role, you will not be considered for the R&D Hygiene or Supply programmes.
Why should you apply?
- Career path: There is the opportunity for fast career progression in this world-renowned company.
- Role: You will get unparalleled exposure to the Research and Development process across a wide range of brands.
- Personal Development: You will be working alongside highly experienced and knowledgeable industry experts, which will help you to develop a range of new skills.
- Environment: You will be working in a brand new, state-of-the-art £100m R&D building: Our Centre for Science & Innovation – the largest single investment in the company’s history. It is one of RB’s largest healthcare development centres worldwide.
- Location: Hull is a fantastic city in the North of England which was awarded UK City of Culture 2017. Over 2,000 different events and activities have drawn 3.5m visitors to the regenerated marina and vibrant Old Town since then, with many new businesses, including restaurants and bars, starting up.
- Sustainability: RB is committed to reducing its environmental impact and is constantly changing and improving the way the business manufactures and designs products to build a better future, through significant cuts in CO2 emissions, water usage and reducing the use of plastics.
- Corporate Social Responsibility: RB has a huge focus on social investment to build healthier communities, and is committed to helping 400 million people improve their health and hygiene by 2020.
- Charity: RB partners with a local charity to support community initiatives which are in-line with their global social impact strategy, focusing on sexual health & wellbeing, malnutrition & stunting and health & hygiene.
Please note, you can only apply for one RB graduate programme per year. If you apply to this role, you will not be considered for the R&D Hygiene or Supply programmes.
- You will be studying for a Scientific or Engineering degree, and while lab-based experience is beneficial for this role, equally important is your understanding of, and interest in, product development.
- This industry leader needs individuals who are proactive, fearless in the face of challenge and are not afraid to put themselves forward to make change happen.
- You must be able to thrive under pressure, work with ambiguity, remaining consistently composed in a fast-paced environment where change is embraced, and also be willing to learn from your mistakes.
- RB is looking for someone with the confidence to lead others, while recognising that there is a lot they can learn from their experienced colleagues.