About this job
- Placements in Manufacturing Planning will sit within the Planning and Procurement team who work closely with JDE’s manufacturing and logistics team.
- You will have full exposure to all parts of the manufacturing supply chain, with true responsibility for a part of the day to day operation, and to contribute to key factory KPI’s
- Your role will be to ensure the smooth planning of materials in and out of the Banbury manufacturing site as well as production planning to deliver customer requirements.
- You will be involved in a wide variety of activities from working with commercial teams to ensure the manufacturing operation is planned to deliver the volume of products JDE’s customers require, through to supporting raw material planning (e.g. ensuring they have enough green coffee beans, glass jars, plastic caps etc.) to then deliver those customer requirements.
Why should you apply?
- Travel: JDE provide awesome opportunities to travel. Last year around half the placement students travelled abroad.
- Fantastic perks: 25 days holiday, free hot beverages (not just coffee!) and even Barista training!
- Student Charity Committee: Every Friday all the placement students get together for a fun charity meeting. Last year their charity work raised over £18,000 in total.
- Culture: At JDE they have a friendly, hands-on environment where everyone is encouraged to contribute and all opinions are valued. There is also a strong mentoring programme and you will be periodically reporting to senior business stakeholders and interacting with other placement students.
- Corporate Social Responsibility: From sourcing ingredients responsibly with internationally recognised standards, to partnering directly with suppliers to improve working conditions and protect natural resources, and aiming to make all manufacturing sites landfill free by 2020, at JDE they are driven by their passion for coffee & tea, care for people and respect for the environment.
- For these roles we’re looking for applications from supply chain, logistics, operations management or business degree backgrounds.
- You should have keen attention to detail and be focused on organisation and planning in a prompt and accurate fashion.
- You will need strong numerical skills and be proactive and results orientated.
- You must be an undergraduate looking for a 12-month Year in Industry placement from July 2020 to July 2021.