About this job
- Placements in Manufacturing Operations will support the ongoing process engineering of the coffee manufacturing process at the Banbury plant.
Within Process Development, key responsibilities include:
- Applying fundamental engineering concepts to process problem solving and project work
- Daily production tracking to identify opportunities for improvement
- Supporting the delivery of improvement projects on site related to improved yield, energy, output, safety and quality
- Learning and applying continuous improvement methodologies and tools
- Organising and running events as part of the student charity team to raise money for charity
- Previous placement students have commented on the sense of personal achievement they got from seeing their ideas implemented in a cutting-edge manufacturing environment and you will get to deliver real benefit to the business.
- Travel: JDE provide awesome opportunities to travel. Last year around half the placement students travelled abroad.
- Fantastic perks: 25 days holiday, free hot beverages (not just coffee!) and even Barista training!
- Student Charity Committee: Every Friday all the placement students get together for a fun charity meeting. Last year their charity work raised over £18,000 in total.
- Culture: At JDE they have a friendly, hands-on environment where everyone is encouraged to contribute and all opinions are valued. There is also a strong mentoring programme and you will be periodically reporting to senior business stakeholders and interacting with other placement students.
- Corporate Social Responsibility: From sourcing ingredients responsibly with internationally recognised standards, to partnering directly with suppliers to improve working conditions and protect natural resources, and aiming to make all manufacturing sites landfill free by 2020, at JDE they are driven by their passion for coffee & tea, care for people and respect for the environment.
- For these roles we’re looking for applications from Chemical Engineering students
- We are looking bright and enthusiastic students who can work well in a team and are willing to get stuck in
- You must be an undergraduate looking for a 12-month Year in Industry placement from July 2020 to July 2021