About this job
Within finance, you will work either within Commercial or Manufacturing finance:
- Manufacturing Finance (Banbury) at JDE is no ordinary finance role, and while you will be analysing and potentially even advising where or how the money is spent, you will be working within the manufacturing operations departments and will be required to get stuck into the manufacturing of coffee and the overall operations of the factory.
- This role is very similar to management accounting, and you will be looking at material productivity and losses, and presenting these results to senior team leaders.
- You will work on projects including the verification of the assets of the plant, which includes stock checks.
- Commercial Finance (Hurley) will see you dealing with accounts for the whole business and drafting profit & loss statements
- Working within the commercial finance department you will be evaluating financial information, analysing performance of products and making recommendations to maximise profits
Why should you apply?
- Travel: JDE provide awesome opportunities to travel. Last year around half the placement students travelled abroad.
- Fantastic perks: 25 days holiday, free hot beverages (not just coffee!) and even Barista training!
- Student Charity Committee: Every Friday all the placement students get together for a fun charity meeting. Last year their charity work raised over £18,000 in total.
- Culture: At JDE they have a friendly, hands-on environment where everyone is encouraged to contribute and all opinions are valued. There is also a strong mentoring programme and you will be periodically reporting to senior business stakeholders and interacting with other placement students.
- Corporate Social Responsibility: From sourcing ingredients responsibly with internationally recognised standards, to partnering directly with suppliers to improve working conditions and protect natural resources, and aiming to make all manufacturing sites landfill free by 2020, at JDE they are driven by their passion for coffee & tea, care for people and respect for the environment.
- You must be studying for a numerical/analytical degree such as: business, finance, management, accounting, mathematics, economics or related subjects.
- An interest in manufacturing, operations or FMCG would be helpful as you’ll be getting stuck in with the operations team. This is not a purely desk-based data analysis role
- You must be an undergraduate looking for a 12-month Year-in-Industry placement from July 2020 to July 2021