About this job
- A placement in IT at JDE will be very varied and you will be getting stuck into lots of different tasks, depending on business needs at the time.
You will either be working in Retail:
- This IT placement involves supporting IT operations for end user services, local infrastructure, and ensuring that applications are aligned and meet business needs.
- You will be supporting the Infrastructure Specialist in local and end user services
- You will be responsible for the maintenance and delivery of web systems
- You will work with application and infrastructure vendors to resolve issues
- This IT placement involves working with the Plant Systems team in relation to any system or production issue
- You will be leading on the creation and development of network Policies
- You will maintain updates, patching and antivirus of computer operating systems and applications
- You will catalog, document and verify backups and archives as well as document and maintain system policies
One application will consider you for both roles!
Why should you apply?
- Travel: JDE provide awesome opportunities to travel. Last year around half the placement students travelled abroad.
- Fantastic perks: 25 days holiday, free hot beverages (not just coffee!) and even Barista training!
- Student Charity Committee: Every Friday all the placement students get together for a fun charity meeting. Last year their charity work raised over £18,000 in total.
- Culture: At JDE they have a friendly, hands-on environment where everyone is encouraged to contribute and all opinions are valued. There is also a strong mentoring programme and you will be periodically reporting to senior business stakeholders and interacting with other placement students.
- Corporate Social Responsibility: From sourcing ingredients responsibly with internationally recognised standards, to partnering directly with suppliers to improve working conditions and protect natural resources, and aiming to make all manufacturing sites landfill free by 2020, at JDE they are driven by their passion for coffee & tea, care for people and respect for the environment.
- You must be studying for a technical degree (such as computing & IT) and have an interest in IT and technology systems.
- You must be a good communicator with excellent attention to detail and be willing to get stuck in.
- You must be an undergraduate looking for a 12-month Year-in-Industry placement from July 2020 to July 2021