About this job
- There are 2 very different HR placements available this year at JDE:
- Talent Manager - Learning & Development (Hurley, Berkshire):
- Learning and development (L&D) play a key role in the development and administration of L&D programmes.
- Within Talent Acquisition, you will learn about sourcing and selection tools & techniques, and have responsibility for managing key aspects of JDE's early-years recruitment
- You will be involved in student charities, raising funds and working across various parts of the business to develop your communication, project management and entrepreneurial skills
- Human Resources (Banbury, Oxfordshire):
- You will work with the Manufacturing HR team, supporting the Senior HR Business Partner and 2 HR Business Partners with more traditional HR delivery.
- This will involve working on updating policies, employee relation cases, trade union communication, supporting change programmes, supporting engagement strategy, as well as day to admin handling such as new starters, on-boarding, updates etc.
Why should you apply?
- Travel: JDE provide awesome opportunities to travel. Last year around half the placement students travelled abroad.
- Fantastic perks: 25 days holiday, free hot beverages (not just coffee!) and even Barista training!
- Student Charity Committee: Every Friday all the placement students get together for a fun charity meeting. Last year their charity work raised over £18,000 in total.
- Culture: At JDE they have a friendly, hands-on environment where everyone is encouraged to contribute and all opinions are valued. There is also a strong mentoring programme and you will be periodically reporting to senior business stakeholders and interacting with other placement students.
- Corporate Social Responsibility: From sourcing ingredients responsibly with internationally recognised standards, to partnering directly with suppliers to improve working conditions and protect natural resources, and aiming to make all manufacturing sites landfill free by 2020, at JDE they are driven by their passion for coffee & tea, care for people and respect for the environment.
- Applications from any degree background are welcome.
- We’re looking for students who want to get stuck in and be proactive, who can work well in a team, are well organised and have good attention to detail.
- You must be an undergraduate looking for a 12-month Year-in-Industry placement from July 2020 to July 2021.