About this job
- You will be the first point of contact for all of JDE’s UK corporate communications.
- Day to day you could be:
- Taking calls from national journalists and the press or creating content for JDE’s website news feed and newsletter
- Coordinating director meetings and creating documents & presentations for senior leadership meetings
- Creating and publishing Q&A documents, press releases and consumer care line data
Why should you apply?
- Travel: JDE provide awesome opportunities to travel. Last year around half the placement students travelled abroad.
- Fantastic perks: 25 days holiday, free hot beverages (not just coffee!) and even Barista training!
- Student Charity Committee: Every Friday all the placement students get together for a fun charity meeting. Last year their charity work raised over £18,000 in total.
- Culture: At JDE they have a friendly, hands-on environment where everyone is encouraged to contribute and all opinions are valued. There is also a strong mentoring programme and you will be periodically reporting to senior business stakeholders and interacting with other placement students.
- Corporate Social Responsibility: From sourcing ingredients responsibly with internationally recognised standards, to partnering directly with suppliers to improve working conditions and protect natural resources, and aiming to make all manufacturing sites landfill free by 2020, at JDE they are driven by their passion for coffee & tea, care for people and respect for the environment.
- We are looking for students studying Public Relations/Corporate communications degrees
- You must have fantastic organisational skills and great attention to detail
- Highly developed written skills are desired, for example knowing the different writing styles to use for a Q&A document vs. a press release
- You must have an interest in engagement & sustainability
- Candidates with a confident and creative personality will really flourish in this role
- We are looking for bright and enthusiastic students who can work well in a team and are willing to get stuck in
- You must be an undergraduate looking for a 12-month Year in Industry placement from July 2020 to July 2021.