About this job
- Imagine being responsible for marketing and selling the brands that are so well loved around the world.
- You could be influencing the placement of JDE’s products on Tesco’s store shelves nationwide or managing key relationships with the likes of online retail giants Amazon and Ocado.
At JDE, there are 4 commercial placements:
Category OR Shopper Marketing:
- As part of the Category Growth team within the wider sales function, you will be analysing shopper behaviour, sales data and helping to identify opportunities to develop the category
- You will be evaluating promotional activity and advising the national account manager on how to increase sales and profit
- You will support the Shopper Marketing Team to deliver excellent execution of JDE's business priorities
- You will be monitoring, sharing and evaluating all JDE and competitor activation to share insights and recommendations across all functions of the business
National Accounts retail OR eCommerce:
- These commercial sales placements will oversee various sales-related projects, covering supermarkets, wholesalers, convenience and discounters
- You will record and manage key data, such as sales performance, market insights and working on key business projects that lead to long-term decisions for JDE
Why should you apply?
- Travel: JDE provide awesome opportunities to travel. Last year around half the placement students travelled abroad.
- Fantastic perks: 25 days holiday, free hot beverages (not just coffee!) and even Barista training!
- Student Charity Committee: Every Friday all the placement students get together for a fun charity meeting. Last year their charity work raised over £18,000 in total.
- Culture: At JDE they have a friendly, hands-on environment where everyone is encouraged to contribute and all opinions are valued. There is also a strong mentoring programme and you will be periodically reporting to senior business stakeholders and interacting with other placement students.
- Corporate Social Responsibility: From sourcing ingredients responsibly with internationally recognised standards, to partnering directly with suppliers to improve working conditions and protect natural resources, and aiming to make all manufacturing sites landfill free by 2020, at JDE they are driven by their passion for coffee & tea, care for people and respect for the environment.
- Analytical/numerical degrees are best suited to these data-driven roles, including but not limited to: business, finance, management, accounting, maths, science, economics and econometrics.
- There will be a lots of spreadsheets and data analysis, so you must be confident with numbers and be very focussed on the detail, spotting trends and putting forward fact-based arguments.
- An interest in FMCG and retail is very important, as understanding the consumer and their shopping habits is vital to the role.