About this job
Support the planning and delivery of an effective building maintenance programme through surveying and project management activity.
Learn how to prepare detailed specifications, commission and manage the delivery of maintenance and replacement works and manage and maintain property data and documentation.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Work towards undertaking independent property surveys, including assessing and diagnosing building issues and the preparation of detailed works specifications.
- Assist in overseeing the delivery of works to ensure contractors are providing quality, value & customer service in line with the contract.
- Ensure services are provided in a way that keeps customers, colleagues and third parties safe and complies with both health and safety legislation and Guinness policies and procedures.
- Interrogate and update Guinness IT systems to ensure accurate information is recorded and utilised for our properties.
- Contribute to the regular reports and updates about progress on the delivery of allocated works and preparations for future works.
- Contribute to appropriate customer communication and engagement in relation to works programmes.
- Work as part of a team to ensure efficient ways of working are practised and cross-departmental cooperation results in improved customer service delivery and performance.
- Support the protection and safety of our customers by identifying safeguarding concerns and following the safeguarding procedures, making appropriate referrals.
Key Learning Responsibilities:
- Listen to and adhere to the support and guidance provided by your mentor, manager, or the management team.
- Review and complete programme milestones on time.
- Attend and fully contribute to all Graduate development activities.
- Undertake regular personal and professional development as part of a structured Continuing Professional Development (CPD) plan.
Key Learning Outcomes:
- Obtain significant experience of working as a surveyor in a range of different property types and social housing settings and use this to contribute fully to the team’s objectives.
- Contribute to maximising the works delivered safely, on time, in budget and to a high standard of customer satisfaction.
- Help ensure the provision of high-quality information is stored about all of our properties.
- Develop positive working relationships with colleagues.
- Demonstrate the ability to produce timely and high-quality documents and reports.
Possible Career Progression:
- Entry: £25,000
- End of Year one: £27,000
- End of Year two: Asset Maintenance Surveyor - circa £35K
- Next Step: Asset Maintenance Team Leader Or Senior Surveyor Planned
- Ability to apply intellectual rigour and understanding, analyse, interpret, explain and summarise complex data and issues in a logical manner.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and ability to present succinctly.
- Awareness of the importance of delivering high quality and customer-focused services.
- Ability to develop effective relationships with diverse groups of people, including colleagues, customers and contractors.
- Ability to prioritise and work as an effective member of a team.
- Ability to work on own initiative and to proactively communicate progress and issues to Managers.
- Analytical approach and ability to demonstrate effective problem-solving.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to demonstrate Guinness Behaviours which underpin everything we do: Deliver great service, Work together, Do things well, Take responsibility, Make things possible, Are professional and principled.
- Desirable: Good knowledge and interest in social housing issues and services offered by registered providers and other housing regulatory bodies.
- Desirable: Project Management experience.
- Driving Licence Required and Mobile working required.
- Mobile working required.
- Some evening and weekend work required.