About this job
Support the provision of Health and Safety advice and Guinness’s monitoring procedures and regional compliance for the management of Health and Safety risks to employees, customers and members of the public whilst learning and developing the skills necessary to further their career within Health & Safety.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Work towards undertaking independent inspections to ensure compliance with the Guinness Health and Safety Management system and site/contractor safe working practices.
- Under supervision use, the Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) database to record inspection findings and actions, follow up on action completions and manage own caseload.
- Produce update reports to the Health and Safety Managers to feedback findings from inspections and actions proposed.
- Support the team in the delivery of a range of Health and Safety training webinars and briefings.
- Provide data and analysis to help improve safety performance.
- Help employees understand their Health and Safety responsibilities and ensure that they have the correct tools, products and knowledge for their role requirements.
Key Learning Responsibilities:
- Listen to and adhere to the support and guidance provided by your mentor, manager, or the management team.
- Review and complete programme milestones on time.
- Attend and fully contribute to all graduate development activities.
- Undertake regular personal and professional development as part of a structured Continuing Professional Development (CPD) plan.
Key Learning Outcomes:
- Obtain significant experience of delivering Health and Safety services in both Care and broader Corporate settings and use this to contribute fully to the team’s objectives.
- Contribute to developing a Health and Safety culture.
- Help to ensure that a robust approach to risk management and health and safety is in place and effective.
- Develop positive working relationships with colleagues.
- Demonstrate the ability to produce timely and high-quality documents and reports.
Possible Career Progression:
- Entry: £25,000
- End of Year one: £27,000
- End of Year two: Health & Safety Officer - circa £30K
- Next Step: Health & Safety Manager
- Ability to apply intellectual rigour and understanding, analyse, interpret, explain and summarise complex data and issues in a logical manner.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and ability to present succinctly.
- Awareness of the importance of delivering high quality and customer-responsive services.
- Ability to develop effective relationships with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to prioritise and work as an effective member of a team.
- Ability to work on own initiative and to proactively communicate progress and issues to Managers.
- Analytical approach and ability to demonstrate effective problem solving and sound judgement.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to demonstrate Guinness Behaviours which underpin everything we do: Deliver great service, Work together, Do things well, Take responsibility, Make things possible, Are professional and principled.
- Desirable: Good knowledge of the health & social care sector, and how health & safety contribute towards the delivery of good quality, person-centred care within a safe physical environment.
- Desirable: Good knowledge of social housing issues and services offered by registered providers and other housing regulatory bodies.
- Desirable: Project Management experience.
- Driving Licence Required.
- Mobile working required.
- Some evening and weekend work required.