About this job
To support our Building Safety Team in improvement plans, managing project and deadlines and contributing to the team at a high standard whilst learning and developing the skills necessary to further their career within Building Safety.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Deliver building safety activity and planning under the supervision of the relevant Head of Service.
- Manage small Building Safety projects under the supervision of senior staff to gain experience in Project Management.
- Assist in the organisation of inspections and support investigations and the creation of Building Safety cases.
- Support the Building Safety team in the implementation of Building Information Modelling (BIM).
- Support with the administration of the Building Safety directorate whilst ensuring compliance with GDPR regulations.
- Ensure Guinness remains compliant with all relevant Regulatory requirements, Policies and Procedures.
- Protect the Health and Safety of our customers and colleagues by ensuring appropriate measures and actions are taken.
- Support the protection and safety of our customers by identifying safeguarding concerns and following the safeguarding procedures, making appropriate referrals.
Key Learning Responsibilities:
- Listen to and adhere to the support and guidance provided by your mentor, manager, or the management team.
- Review and complete programme milestones on time.
- Attend and fully contribute to all Graduate development activities.
- Undertake regular personal and professional development as part of a structured Continuing Professional Development (CPD) plan.
Key Learning Outcomes:
- Obtain significant experience of working in Building Safety across a range of different property types and social housing settings and use this to contribute fully to the team’s objectives.
- Deliver effective recording and maintenance of the Building Safety records.
- Solve specific problems through analysis and a logical pragmatic approach whilst introducing new ideas and perspectives to business issues.
- Develop positive working relationships with colleagues.
- Demonstrate the ability to produce timely and high-quality documents and reports.
Possible Career Progression:
- Entry: £25,000
- End of Year one: £27,000
- Future Career: Building Safety Manager Or Building Safety Project Delivery Manager
- Ability to apply intellectual rigour and understanding, analyse, interpret, explain and summarise complex data and issues in a logical manner.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and ability to present succinctly.
- Awareness of the importance of delivering high quality and customer-responsive services.
- Ability to develop effective relationships with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to prioritise and work as an effective member of a team.
- Ability to work on own initiative and to proactively communicate progress and issues to Managers.
- Analytical approach and ability to demonstrate effective problem solving and sound judgement.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to demonstrate Guinness Behaviours which underpin everything we do: Deliver great service, Work together, Do things well, Take responsibility, Make things possible, Are professional and principled.
- Desirable: Good knowledge and interest in social housing issues and services offered by registered providers and other housing regulatory bodies.
- Desirable: Project Management experience.
- Mobile working required.